Scope and Consent
Personal Information generally includes information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that person. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific person.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect and store the following Personal Information:
- Email address, physical address, phone number, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information;
- Transactional information based on your activities on MOG (such as information to facilitate buying and selling);
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondences through MOG, and correspondences sent to us;
- Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from MOG, and cookies information;
- Other information, including IP address and standard weblog information, and supplemental information from third parties.
You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to: register as a member; purchase products or services; complete a profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.
We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third party sources and add it to your account information. This may include, but is not limited to, demographic, navigation information, additional contact information, credit check information, and additional information about you from credit bureaus, social networks, consumer behavior firms, or other sources, as permitted by law.
Transfer and Storage of Personal Data. We may transfer your Personal Information to the U.S., to any MOG affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our products or providing any Personal Information for any of the purposes stated below, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Information, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, including the hosting of such Personal Information on our servers.
Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement and Policies;
- Customize, measure, and improve MOG’ services, content, and advertising;
- Contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law;
- Protect our rights, property, and safety, including that of our employees, Users, or others;
- Contact you, either via email or telephone, to inform you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- Provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect information.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may also share your Personal Information with:
- Service providers who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, payment processing, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs);
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to);
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose MOG, you, or any other MOG User to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation;
- Credit bureaus with which we may report information about your account, including information on late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account;
- Other MOG Users, whether located in your country of residence or outside of your country of residence, as authorized by you.
Information You Share on MOG
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User Name, activity, or reminders from MOG, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
If you use a message board, blog, or chat room on MOG, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there may be read, collected, or used by other Users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Using Information from MOG
You agree to use User information only for:
- MOG transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages; or
- Using services offered through MOG (such as escrow and fraud complaints); or
- Other purposes that a User expressly chooses.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
- Cookies: Small text files placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow us to recognize a particular device or browser.
- Web beacons: Single pixel image files that allow a website to count Users who have visited a particular page or accessed certain cookies. Web beacons may be placed on specific pages across the Site. When a visitor accesses these pages, a notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by MOG or by our vendors. These web beacons work in conjunction with cookies.
- Service providers: Companies that help MOG with various aspects of our business, such as site operations, services, applications, advertisements and tools. We use some authorized service providers to help us to serve you relevant ads on our services and other places on the Internet. These service providers may also place cookies on your device via our services (third party cookies). They may also collect information that helps them identify your device, such as IP-address, ID for Advertising (IDFA), or other unique or device identifiers.
- Allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session;
- Provide information that is targeted to your interests;
- Promote and enforce trust and safety;
- Measure promotional effectiveness; and
You are free to block, delete, or disable Cookies and similar technologies if your device so permits. You can manage your cookies and your cookie preferences in your browser or device settings. In addition, if you do not want to associate your anonymous cookie information with your visits to pages containing web beacons, depending on the browser used, you can set your browser to turn off cookies.
Keep in mind that if you decline cookies or other similar technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain Site features, services, applications, or tools. You may also be required to re-enter your password more frequently during your browsing session. For more information on how you can block, delete, or disable these technologies, please review your browser or device settings.
No Spam, Spyware, Phishing, or Spoofing
MOG may, but is not obligated, to send you strictly service-related announcements on occasions when it is necessary to do so. For example, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications since they are not promotional in nature and are necessary to maintain the quality of our service. If you do not wish to receive them, you may have the option to deactivate your account.
Account Protection and Security
Data Breach Response. If ever an unauthorized person or entity obtains access to any of our customers Personal Information, MOG will notify all affected customers and relevant government authorities within 72 hours after having become aware of such breach.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your MOG password to anyone. If you do share your password or your Personal Information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken and financial commitments made in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify MOG and change your password.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your Personal Information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain Personal Information from closed accounts in order to comply with state and federal laws, deter fraud, collect any outstanding debts, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our User Agreement and Policies, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law. Over time, MOG may no longer have an ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information. At that time, we will either delete your personal information or anonymize it.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
At any time, you can request information about the personal data we collect, request that we correct personal data, or request that we stop processing your personal data in certain ways. To contact us about these rights, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.